Sunday, October 30, 2011

What Happens In Vegas...

...gets shared with the Hive!

Last weekend, I had the privilege of spending four nights in Sin City with 17 of my favorite ladies! Our flight from SFO was at 7am, so our journey began very early. Like...so early that I only slept 30 minutes before heading to BART.

Thank goodness for Go Girls.

On BART with a patronizingly happy MOH Meghan
Image courtesy of BM Sarah

 BM Sarah and MOH Meghan onboard our early flight

Yours truly making a ridiculous face.

Upon arriving in Vegas (at 830 am, mind you) we headed to our off-strip suite and met up with BM Karina. Since our room was not yet available, we slipped into our suits and headed out to the pool. Perhaps kicking off the day with Long Island Iced Teas wasn't the brightest idea, but we were in Vegas, afterall.

Our ginormous Long Islands
After floating down the resort's lazy river and consuming another adult beverage, BM Sarah decided it was time to harass the front desk again. While I napped in the lobby, she managed to finagle her way into our room. Hurrah! 

The combination of a lack of sleep, early drinking and greasy pizza ended up being a recipe for a night in, but we definitely made up for it on nights 2 and 3.

By Friday, my mom and aunts, the rest of my bridesmaids and more family friends had all arrived. I had a strict "no stripper" rule (seriously, I just can't hang with all that gyration), so while my mom and aunts went to Chippendales, the BMs and I headed out to the clubs.

As it turns out, wearing bachelorette gear will get you tons of free drinks and access to clubs. We were even invited to join a VIP booth with a group of Australian guys celebrating a bachelor party, but thanks to their lack of conversational skills, that only lasted a handful of awkward minutes before we scooted out of there.



 BM Karina, Me and friend Louise
(Above photos via MOH Brandi)

It was more fun just dancing with the ladies anyhow.
After some of us had (unfortunately) ditched our heels in favor of walking barefoot on the streets of Las Vegas, we managed to make our way into a cab and back to our hotel. The place we were staying had an on-site Denny's and booooy do I owe Mr. Denny for my hangover-free Saturday!

More lounging and tanning (OK, and drinking) ensued the following day.

MOH Brandi and I enjoying drinks by the pool

 Not sure what was going on here, but I was clearly enjoying myself.

And that night we headed out with our entire group to dinner at Le Village Buffet at the Paris Hotel.
On the shuttle to Paris with Mama Seal and BM Megan

Waiting in line for the buffet with BM Sarah and creeper MOH Brandi

After dinner, we decided to do a bit of gambling. Papa Seal had graciously given me a roulette allowance for the trip so I hit the tables - but sadly, Lady Luck was not on my side and all of said allowance was lost. :(

That was of no matter though, my ladies and I decided to head out for another round of club-hopping. Thankfully, BM Sarah (ever the negotiator and leader), setup our schedule and assured our entrance and off we went.

Having way too much fun in a bathroom mirror
Image via BM Megan

 At Serenity

BM Karina and Me

On Sunday, most of my friends, my FSILs and my family members headed back home. MOH Meghan, Mama Seal, a couple aunties and cousins, FMIL Seal and I stuck around for another day and took it easy.

Honorary Auntie Pam and Mama Seal on our way back from the Mandalay Bay

I wish I had taken more photos because sooo many of my favorite people made the trip out and my pictures don't accurately depict that! But the weekend really showed me what amazing loved ones I have. We all had such a blast and I am so thankful for each and every one of them!

What did you do for your bachelorette party?

0 Comments: