Friday, November 11, 2011

Sealed With a Kiss: The Prelude

Here I sit, the morning of my wedding, amazed that these last two years have flown by so quickly. My lovely bridesmaids are getting their hair and make-up done and I FINALLY feel like it's real...I am getting married to my incredible love...Today. In a whirlwind of planning, crafting and blogging, I've come upon the day that will make me a wife...at last. The past few weeks have been especially busy, but I have sincerely enjoyed every minute of my engagement and am so ready to be married.

To my fellow blogging bees: Thank you for your shoulders to lean upon, your cheers to keep me keepin' on, and your unparalleled ingenuity that never ceases to inspire me. I am so thankful and proud to stand amongst you all and to call you my friends. Truly and honestly.

To the hive: This is going to sound trite, but I promise every word is true–I cannot express what an extreme pleasure it has been sharing this experience with each and every one of you. Over the last 8 months, your comments and stories have made me smile, cry and laugh in the best ways possible. Even now, I daily thank the heavens for bestowing such an amazing opportunity upon me. You all really are the best, and after this big shindig is over, I can't wait to share some recaps :)

To the man of the hour, Mr. Seal: You truly are my better half. Wherein I lack patience, clarity and unfailing compassion, you have an abundance. You are, undoubtedly, the sweetest man I've ever known and I am so lucky to call you mine. Through terrible times and, conversely, suffocating bouts of laughter, you have been there with your warmth, comfort and poise. Today we (finally) become husband and wife and I couldn't be any more ready—I landed me a good one.

As our good friend Katniss Everdeen so aptly said: "What I need to survive is not [...] fire, kindled with rage and hatred. I have plenty of fire myself. What I need is the dandelion in the spring. The bright yellow that means rebirth instead of destruction. The promise that life can go on, no matter how bad our losses. That it can be good again." And only you can give me that, Mr. S.

For always.

See you on the flipside, hive!

-Miss Seal

1 Comment:

Emu said...

Why did you need to bring Katniss into this? I held my shit together through the prep, ceremony, and reception, but at the mere mention of Katniss I started weeping.

I'm glad its over though, now you get to go to Disneyland!