Wednesday, October 5, 2011

THE Band.

Woohoo, hive! I've got some great news ;) After over a year of searching - I've found a wedding band to pair with my engagement ring.

In case you all forgot what my e-ring looks like, here's a refresher!

 

This puppy is a three-stone diamond ring with 10 additional diamonds on the sides. It's gorgeous and I love it but it didn't come as a bridal set - in other words, we had to track down a matching band on our own. Originally, I wasn't too concerned about it and had fun trying on different styles. And then, after leaving the fifth jewelry store empty-handed, I became discouraged. I eventually ended up buying a band I wasn't crazy about but when I returned home and confirmed I was less-than-enthused with my choice, I decided to return it. So, as I normally do when let down, I put it all to the back of my head and forgot about finding a ring.


Until finally, about two weeks ago, I realized I really needed to find and purchase my wedding band because this wedding is rapidly approaching whether I ignore it or not. 

I thankfully had some help. FSIL Tracy and her mom come over every week for health chats and general catching up - I noticed her channel set wedding band and asked if I could take it for a test drive with my e-ring. She gladly obliged and I, then and there, decided I needed to find a ring just like it. 

And after some online research, the Sealman and I invested in this beauty.
(Don't mind my jacked up nails, I missed a trip to the salon)

Theeeen, perhaps for our fifth first anniversary...I'll get another ring for the top. (Except mine will be white gold.)
The top ring is borrowed from FSIL Tracy's mama for this photo-op. I approve of the symmetry.

What do you guys think? How difficult (or easy) was it for you to find your band?

2 Comments:

Emu said...

Awesome. I just told my mom she was internet famous.

Kayte said...

It looks amazing! :) and I love the first anniversary present idea!