Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Unexpected Calm Before the Inevitable Storm.

Well, we're in the final countdown (you have permission to hum the song if you'd like). On top of life being completely crazy right now - I am totally suffering from "I don't wanna do nothin' wedding-related" syndrome. Don't think it exists!? GOOGLE IT, PEOPLE.

Apparently it happens all the time. Basically this means that, despite actually needing to hunker down and get stuff done, I just plain don't want to. That's not to say I'm not enjoying the (unfortunately light) trickle of RSVPs, I think it just means that I am absolutely ready to be married and done with doin' stuff. I honestly never thought I'd be affected! Not me. I loved being engaged. I looked forward to writing vendor e-mails and sending in deposits and payments (sick, I know).

Fast forward to now - we're a little over a month out. Though mostly everything is in place and capable of being paid off, I just can't bring myself to do all of the things I'd previously looked forward to doing. Wedding programs? Meh. Do I really need those? Out-of-town bags? Yeah, I guess I could buy the stuff for those now, but those can wait, right? My hair and make-up trial? Sure. I should probably do one of those.

It's kind of funny how relaxed I am about it all - Miss Seal here is not a naturally calm person while under pressure. I freak out about everything. I suppose there's still plenty of time for that. Though I'm obviously not welcoming a panic attack, I know this sense of tranquility will be short-lived - the ceremony won't get planned on its own and that gown of mine won't get altered if I don't take it to a seamstress.

Sigh. I guess I should go take care of some business.

How are you guys doin'?

1 Comment:

Emu said...

Okay, you do your makeup trial and get your dress altered. Make these things happen, start the day after you get back from Vegas. Enjoy the weekend then get shit done.

I'll come over on either Friday the 7th or Saturday the 8th and were going to hunker down and design the programs, which means you need to get going on planning the ceremony.

Now, what else is there to do?