Friday, April 29, 2011

'Flowers are for Paupers': The Royal Wedding

Sleep? Who needs it?! Especially when there's a Royal Wedding goin' on. Bear with me, kids. I'm running off of very little rest, but I'm a dedicated wedding fan and I am reporting for blog-duty.

OK, I'm sure you all are getting pretty tired of hearing about this wedding and I swear this will be my last post dedicated to it, BUT I think it's important to take a moment to realize how it will, inevitably, affect weddings to come.

For example, amidst my tears upon seeing this beautiful scene:

Image via SacBee/Photo by Dave Thompson

I received the following hilarious text message from Brother Seal: "You should have trees instead of floral arrangements. Flowers are for paupers."

Edited by me/Image via SacBee/Photo by David Jones

While I surely don't actually think "flowers are for paupers", I can't help but wonder how many calls churches are getting right now asking about their "indoor tree policy".

And how AMAZING did Pippa Middleton and the little bridesmaids look in (gasp!) WHITE?
Image via ABC News/Photo by Alastair Grant

How many brides are now reconsidering their bridesmaids dresses and the mainstream tradition that only the bride should wear white?

Oh, and let's not forget THE dress. The dress that single-handedly made my already-purchased strapless (spoiler!) wedding gown "so last year". I COULD HAVE USED SOME SLEEVES, TOO!

Image via Kate Middleton For The Win/Dress by Sarah Burton of Alexander McQueen/Shared by Miss Jaguar during all-night Royal Wedding tweet-a-thon

Anyway, I already have delusions of grandeur for my own wedding day, so I don't see my wedding style changing much!

What about you guys? Do you think the Royal Wedding will affect your wedding vision? Are you absolutely tired of hearing about this wedding already?

2 Comments:

jessica! said...

I LOVE the idea of Bridesmaids in white!! It was stunning and is a really old-fashioned tradition. I also am super glad that she rocked the sleeves. It is classy and elegant and will be my trend if I ever get occasion to wear a wedding dress. I'll also be happy to be chauffeured by my husband in an aston martin - no problem. <3

New said...

bridesmaids in white is an english tradition. i learned that on the view. :) haha! AND to be married in that church you have to wear sleeves. no bare shoulders. that was another fun fact the view taught me. :D