Monday, April 25, 2011

I Came to Dance, Dance, Dance, Dance...

Basically, hive...I want my wedding to be a major dance party. And when I say dance party I want to emphasize the DANCE and the PARTY. (Not sure what that means, but I think you get the gist of it.)

Now, as you may recall, our plans are for a pretty formal event. However, I want to note that simply because we are hosting a "black-tie affair", that's not to indicate that it will be a "no-fun affair". I mean, just because people will be showing up in ties and gowns doesn't dictate stuffiness or that we won't be lettin' loose on the dance floor.

Because, oh boy will we be cuttin' a rug on that dance floor.

Most of the people in my family are dancers—well, not professional dancers, but normal people who enjoy dancing, nonetheless. Mr. Seal's family? The same. Oh, and don't even get me started on our friends—I don't know if it's pure coincidence that we all love to boogie or if they're our friends because they like to shake their tail-feathers like nobody's business. Either way...we all win.

The music playlist will be vast and varied. I'm thinking some Frank Sinatra (just to set the tone and feel of the evening), some Michael Jackson (duh! dancing!), definitely some salsa, and some of today's best (and worst) pop and hip-hop hits.

Mr. S on the dance floor at BM Sarah's wedding.
 Mr. Seal dancing to who knows what with BM Sarah's husband at our E-party.

I've got lots of dancing pictures but will refrain from posting them in an effort to protect the pride and dignity of the subjects (aka ME).

I will, however, give you your dancing Seal fix (cue the dancing seal at 1:08) with this fun video:

Image via YouTube

I'm hoping once our guests get a bit of liquid courage and see Mr. Seal and I dancing that they'll all join us for the big party on the floor. These bees were successful in getting their guests to party and I intend to follow suit.

Do you foresee a lot of heiny-shakin' at your wedding? Are you doing anything special to encourage your guests to boogie?

5 Comments:

Emu said...

Poor Shark man: Destroyer of Seals and I. I suppose we can just sit in a corner and watch the fun.

MarieDeezy said...

LOL. That name kills me. Oh, and I've seen you dance before. I'll just gift you a bottle if Boone's--whether you dance or not you'll be a happy camper :D

Emu said...

...agreed.

New said...

sounds fun! too bad my dance partner will probably sit because he feels uncomfy dancing in public. sadness.

New said...

... you know who this is.