Friday, April 8, 2011

Photobooth Funtime: to Booth or Not to Booth?

Oh, the photobooth trend! While booths at weddings are hardly rare finds these days, they're definitely fun. And while they've become more commonplace, there is still plenty of room for individuality and personalization (think Mrs. Hot wings DIY photo spot and Taco Supreme's vintage booth!) When the Sealman and I sat down to discuss whether or not this was a trend we also wanted to partake in, the conversation was short and the answer was clear.

Image via Meme Generator

So, why? Well, photobooths are clearly amazing, but if that's not reason enough for you, I will gladly elaborate.

1. Instead of having my photographers spend precious time tracking down guests to pose for pictures, why not let them do the work and have some fun while they're at it (and let the photographers catch more candid shots)?

2. We're (probably not but hopefully this will change because I desperately want one) having a videographer. If I could track down a photobooth with a video message capability, this would perhaps ease the sting and fill the void.

3. We're having an open bar. Alcohol + photobooth = hours of post-wedding entertainment!

4. Our venue has THE perfect spot for a photobooth (a second lobby next to the main hall).
Image via Bently Reserve/Edited for awesome by Seal (me, not the singer)

5. We found an incredibly affordable deal! I think my Google search terms were, "cheap photo booth san francisco". Instead of ignoring the sponsored ads in the right column like I normally do, I clicked on one with an undeniably alluring price. After conducting extensive research to ensure the company was legit, we booked* (for half the price of other booths I had researched). The kicker? They offer a video message option. Woohoo!

*I'll release the name of the company once I've actually used their service and know that their quality is up to par for the hive.

So, hive! To booth it is!

I'll leave you with some PB pics of me having too much fun (and making way too many duckfaces) with some of my BMs at BM Sarah's June 2010 wedding:



Will you have a photobooth at your wedding? Have you been to a wedding with a booth? HOW MUCH FUN WAS IT?!

4 Comments:

Jenna said...

yay!! i LOVE photobooths. we have prolly over 30 of me and justin and the kids over the years. its "our thang". if they had photo booths to rent when we got married, i totally would've gotten one. BIG time. we went to the renegade handmade in sf last summer and they had a photobooth with props. an entire box of hats, wooden mustaches, chalkboard thought bubbles you can personalize. awesomesauce. that photobooth pic happens to be one of my all time favs of us. so glad you'll be having one! so much fun!

MarieDeezy said...

@Jenna: I think I've seen a few of your adorable PB pics! Very much looking forward to seeing some cute ones from our wedding toooooo ;) I like the chalkboard idea!!!

Emu said...

Now that you're all famous I feel weird commenting.
In other news, this is going to be fun. I plan on sitting in your photo booth all night, and if someone wants to use it, then they have to take pictures with me first. This way I'm the second most photographed person at the wedding. My plan is foolproof and diabolical.

MarieDeezy said...

@Tracy: Yer so silly! I am most definitely NOT famous. I've missed your comments :( I've missed YOU!!! Waaaah waaaah.