Thursday, July 28, 2011

Wedding Day Accessories: My Head Stuff

I know I've taken a firm stance of not showing you my wedding gown, but I think I'm beginning to crack. Maybe! Anyhow, I do want to share with you some lovely pieces I've picked out for my noggin in the time being.

First up: the veil!

Shortly after we made the decision to get married in our big, beautiful church, I knew I wanted a big, beautiful veil to match. My dress doesn't have a train (spoiler!), and the thought of having a long, cathedral-length veil was very appealing. I love the extra bit of drama and regalia the feet upon feet of tulle adds.

I was still torn as to whether I wanted to cover my face with the veil and therefore unsure if I wanted a single-tiered veil or double. I didn't want too much volume and sometimes a second tier adds lots of it.


I'm not saying this look couldn't work for some people - I just knew it wouldn't work for me!

After some careful consideration I decided I did indeed want to cover my face (the mystique!) and had to find a two-tiered cathedral length veil sans volume overload. Then, kids, I got smart and started browsing through etsy and found the perfect veil for me. (Etsy has yet to let me down, I swear.)

I swooped this bad boy up real quick:
Image via etsy seller Teri Huang

It's even better in person, let me tell you! The long tier is a standard cathedral length: 120 inches. The second, shorter tier is still a good 40 inches long so when I flip it over my face it hits right above my belly button - and it feels perfect. 

When I tried on my veil with my dress, my adorable little niece/flower girl wanted in on the dress-up. Luckily, my aunt just happened to have a whole spool of tulle handy to fashion her up an outfit.

Isn't she a cutie? Look at that smile!

I knew I wanted another hairpiece for the reception. (Dancing with 10 feet of veil? No thank you!) I stumbled upon a very appealing headband from another etsy seller and scooped that up too. It's absolutely stunning and goes with my dress wonderfully, but I'm not quite sure if I am going to rock it or not yet - it really depends on how I decide to wear my hear I suppose.

But here it is. Sigh. So pretty.
Image via etsy seller BrassLotus

My precious!

I should hopefully be doing a hair trial within the next couple of weeks, so I'll be better able to show you the whole head package then ;)

What kind of headpiece, if any, are you wearing? Are you wearing a veil?

1 Comment:

Emu said...

Oh that little munchkin. The more time passes the more I realize what a treat your wedding will be for her. You know, dressing up and stuff.
Your veil is beautiful, and I really think you're going to get use out of that headband.