Friday, September 9, 2011

Celebrating Friends' Engagements: Baskets!

 ...Alternatively titled: Miss Seal practically keels over with giddiness when someone she knows gets engaged.

Not that I didn't get excited over newly engaged couples before - I just think, now, being able to fully understand just how exciting getting engaged is, I all but have a heart attack every time someone close to me pledges to wed their beloved!

For example, when BM/FSIL Maria got proposed to by Big Brother Seal, I put together an engagement basket for her. I packed the basket with wedding movies, magazines, planning guides, her favorite wine and tons of other goodies. When BM Carina got engaged to her awesome man - being that she lives a few hours away from me - I sent off an engagement box stuffed to capacity with wedding planning necessities.

Very recently, MOH Meghan was proposed to by her boyfriend during a trip to New York for one of his cousins' weddings. After all but peeing myself, I calmed myself down and focused on the task before me: her engagement goodies. Once I procured all of the necessities (and gladly purged myself of 75% of my old magazines), I snuck into their home to ensure that the basket awaited them upon their return. Care to see some of my handiwork?

Good!



The basket surrounded by (admittedly faux) white rose petals

I totally cried to myself while picking out an engagement card for her - I am such a sap! 
[Sidenote: Meg and I have known each other since middle school and were roommates in college. When we used to leave notes for one another we always referred to the other/signed the card as "Dudie". Mr. Seal has come to be known as "Man Dudie" and her fiance is lovingly called "Jimmy Dudie". Anyway, just thought I'd explain the weird names on the card!]

Meg dutifully uploaded photos from her phone after the proposal and I totally creeper stylee had one printed and framed.

I even stuck a piece of their favorite cake in the fridge.

She seemed to have really enjoyed her surprise and I surely enjoyed setting it up. Meghan admitted to me that one of her first thoughts after soaking in the proposal was, I wonder when I'm going to get my basket from Miss Seal - I am absolutely okay with being known for that ;)

Anyhow, as I am reaching the final stages in planning (only about two months to go!), it was fun to see one of my favorite people begin hers!

Are you newly engaged? Did any of your friends give you an engagement survival kit? Do you do anything like this for your pals?

2 Comments:

Kat said...

Hi! I randomly stumbled on to your blog and I love it! I am also getting married at the Bently Reserve (March 31, 2012). We have very similar tastes and thinking! I would love to hear how it goes with all your vendors as I am currently trying to figure out mine!! :) Congrats on the engagement!

MarieDeezy said...

Awwe, thank you for the kind words :) Congrats on your engagement too! It's always nice to hear from a fellow bride—even more awesome that you are a Bently bride, too! I'd be happy to share my vendor experiences with ya, lady <3