Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Gift for the Ever-Deserving Señor Seal

The Sealman and I have decided to exchange gifts on the morning of the wedding. Initially, I was against the idea - we were having a big, pretty wedding and get to spend the rest of our lives together, what more do we need? But then I saw a gift that I really, really wanted to get him and decided it was only fair to afford him the opportunity to do the same :)






I've mentioned this before, but Mr. Seal sold his big, expensive gold and diamond chain in order to buy me the most beautiful engagement ring he could find. For that, I've held onto a bit of guilt - even though I didn't personally love the chain, I knew that it meant something to him so it therefore meant something to me. Some guys aren't into diamonds or flashy things but, as we've established, Monsieur Seal isn't your average dude.

My Mr. Seal is also a watch guy, so when I saw this beautiful, diamond accented Bulova watch - I knew it was the gift for him.

Image via Macy's

In person - thought you can't tell by my pictures - you can really see the beautiful mother-of-pearl face and just how pretty and shiny the band is.

In addition to the watch - given his undying love for his Yankees - I had to get him something Yankees related. I'm a sucker for spoiling the Sealman (as he is for me).

I initially only intended to purchase one item and this was what I bought.
It's a keychain with game-used dirt from the old Yankee Stadium - I think the Sealman will really appreciate it. 

BUT THEN...I found something else I just had to get him. I know I've yet to share with you our groomsmen's gifts but - for now - let's just say Mr. Seal will fit in perfectly with his dudes.
 Cufflinks via Etsy seller qacreate

The cufflinks are made from a game-used Derek Jeter jersey. El Capitan happens to be the Sealman's 

Anyhow, I bought these gifts over the course of almost two years and, perhaps I went a bit overboard, but whatever. He deserves it.

Are you exchanging gifts with your partner? If so, what did you get?

0 Comments: