Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Miss Seal's Not Gonna Drop it Like it's Hot: Our First Dance

Choosing a first dance song has been surprisingly difficult for us. Both the Sealman and I - in terms of music - are very well-rounded. Though our favorite genres vary slightly, we both agree on what "good" music is and appreciate the other's refined musical palette.

Apart from some fun hip-hop songs we bonded over in the beginning of our relationship, the two of us don't share "a song" In other words, there's not one particular tune that makes us feel mushy about our relationship - more so a few songs that I goofily do my trademark dance moves to that makes Mr. S fervently laugh.

For a visual, Mr. Seal says my sweet moves (and ridiculous facial expressions) can most closely be compared to the girl from the Sun Drop commercial.

Video via YouTube

Anyhow, seeing as how I had absolutely no intentions of droppin' it like it's hot for our first dance (that's for the 5th dance...duh), we were left at square one.

Many options were unearthed (I'll spare you those), but only one song stuck. The tune was one of Mr. Seal's genius suggestions and is a song I have always loved and grew up singing.

So, though there's marginal potential for a last minute change, I'm pretty sure this is going to to be the song we share our first dance to.

The song is "We Belong Together" by Ritchie Valens. Though La Bamba - a film based on Ritchie Valens's life - is one of my favorite movies ever (don't laugh!), the Los Lobos cover song used for the film is a bit too fast for our liking.

Therefore we're going for the original and here it is, in all of its two-minute long glory (hoorah for short and sweet)!
Video via YouTube

"We Belong Together" - Ritchie Valens

You're mine and we belong together
Yes, we belong together, for eternity

You're mine, your lips belong to me

Yes, they belong to only me, for eternity

You're mine, my baby and you'll always be

I swear by everything I own
You'll always, always be mine

You're mine and we belong together

Yes, we belong together, for eternity

What's your first dance song and how'd you select it? DO YOU DROP IT LIKE IT'S HOT TOO!?

0 Comments: