Thursday, August 11, 2011

A Little Bit O' This & That: DIY Project Update

Alternatively titled, "Things I Stole From Other Bees"

Things have been busy over here at studio Seal, hive. We've reached double digits and kicked into DIY high gear! I mentioned a couple posts ago that I am navigating my way through wedding planning/blogging time management in favor of spending more time with my groom-to-be, and I feel like I'm doing a pretty dandy job so far.

Anyhow, onto the good stuffs.

First up is our lace-wrapped votive candles. I borrowed this project from the ever-so-lovely Miss Macarons and I couldn't be happier with the results. Not only was it easy as pie and quick to boot, it was affordable too! I followed Miss Macs tutorial to the "T" and purchased my candles from QuickCandles and my lace trim off of eBay. Between the candles and the lace, I spent about $100 for 144 candles (about five per table).

I think the hint of gold in the lace will tie together nicely with our table numbers.

The beautiful MOH Brandi assisted me in the candle endeavor while she was in town (all the way from Delaware) to host my bridal shower. I wuv her.

Next is another one from Miss Macs (what can I say, the girl inspires me!) I was in love with her adorable cocktail flags and decided it was a project I wanted to tackle. I enlisted the help of FSIL Tracy—she designed the flags for me and helped cut all of the paper. Check out Miss Macarons' post for a DIY breakdown ;)
 We made two different kinds of stirrers—long and short...in both tan and ivory.

All finished and packed away.

Lastly, I've been working on a bit of our signage. I really loved Mrs. Tartlet's vintage-looking chalkboard and Mrs. Sloth's DIY chalkboards, so I decided to merge the two. I picked up a gold frame from Goodwill for $3.99, bought a can of chalkboard spray paint from Michael's with a 40% off coupon and voila! Pretty sign for our ceremony!

 She's ready for some chalk!

What have you been working on? Have you borrowed inspiration from fellow brides?

0 Comments: