Friday, August 5, 2011

Shoes it or Lose it: Choo is it.

I've got some excellent news, hive! After leaving the Nordstrom shoe department (heartbroken) without my Jimmy Choos a couple of weeks ago, there has been a favorable change of fortune.

As you may recall, the store didn't have my size and the online Jimmy Choo site was also sold out of my desired size/color combo - this left me anxious, shoeless and desperately pining! I knew there was a Choo store within our local Bloomingdale's so I called ahead and inquired about their availability - I was informed that they too did not have my shimmery babies in stock but that they could be ordered with no issue. Woohoo!

Then the news kept getting better. In my last shoe post, I mentioned that Mama Seal works for Macy's. And as luck would have it, Macy's owns Bloomingdale's - that 20% discount I talked about works within the Bloomingdale's Choo store too! Pretty shoes at a discounted rate? YES PLEASE! The only catch was that I had to exercise some patience as we waited for her new discount card to arrive.

And as soon as it did we headed to the store, ordered my shoes and then...I waited some more. Until yesterday when the UPS man delivered my precious darlings. I present to you my champagne Jimmy Choo "Isabel" pumps!


Sigh. I love them with all of my little heart! Oh, and did I mention that they are seriously comfortable? I'm used to rockin' at least 3 1/2 inch heels so these little less-than-three inch babies should do me just fine ;)

I'm in good company on my glittery Choo train...I noticed Miss Sparkler's beautiful wedding-day footwear recently arrived too!

Can't afford brand new beauties? Check out the Weddingbee classifieds, kids. Seriously. You'll find some gently used gems - I noticed my same Choos (albeit in a smaller size) are up for grabs at half-their retail value here.

Do you have your shoes yet? Are they all you've dreamed about?