Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A Little Bit O' This & That: My Wedding Day Accessories

Well, now that you've seen my headpiece and veil and my shoes—I suppose I should share with you all the rest of my wedding day accessories, eh?

I know, I know...I've yet to even show you my gown, but I think that may be coming soon. Just maybe.

Anyhow.

As far as jewelry is concerned, in addition to my engagement ring and the yet-to-be-found wedding band, I plan on wearing a necklace and earrings. Whether I will be donning a bracelet is undecided - perhaps if Mr. Seal buys me one as a wedding present the decision will be made more easily. Juuuust kidding, kids - I'm not that overt with my gift hints! :P

The earrings I will be wearing were given to me by Mama Seal for Christmas last year. She knew I had been looking for pearl and diamond drop earrings for the wedding and she completely took it upon herself to find, purchase and gift the perfect pair.

I love them. They are from Macy's but appear to be discontinued.

As for my necklace? I thought about going bare-necked or with pearls, but ultimately decided on another, more sentimental option. Mama Seal has always referred to me as her "turtle dove," and one Christmas we both independently decided to give the other a dove necklace. She had herself a good chuckle and a bit of a cry when she opened the sterling silver dove necklace I had given her - I had no idea why the gift was chuckle-worthy until she handed me my present. Inside the beautifully wrapped box was a white gold and diamond peace dove necklace - clearly Mama Seal had outdone me in the gift department, but the fact that both of us had the same gift idea on the same Christmas was evidence of our mother-daughter synchronicity.

So anyway, on my wedding day I will wear the same necklace I wear every day - the dove pendant from my mama.
The necklace is also from Macy's and also appears to have vanished from their website.

Lastly, my insanely talented cousin Jenna of thenestedpearl made and gave me a handmade purse and garter. I'm not going to show you the garter just yet, but I'll totally share the absolutely lovely wedding-day clutch.
Champagne, dusty pink and some bling? She knows me so well ;)

That about does it on the accessories front - I suppose I'm keeping it fairly simple.

What accessories do you have? How'd you decide on your jewelry?

0 Comments: