Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Say Hello To My Little Friends

I'm just going to come right out and say it: I have stretch marks. I have stretch marks and I don't even have a cute baby to blame for them. No, no, hive. My stretch marks are lovingly attributed to my life-long struggle with weight. I've had these pesky little boogers for a while now (I'm thinkin' at least a decade). This is particularly lovely because I hear the longer you wait to do anything about them the more difficult it is to fade them into oblivion.

Anyhow, let me illustrate for you. Let's pretend for a moment that the woman depicted below is me and let's let the arrows represent the affected stretch mark areas.


Image via Patient UK/Edited for modesty + stretch marks

Oh, and I didn't put that happy gal into a strapless gown on accident. Though I'm not showing you my dress before the wedding, I will tell you it's strapless. So you know what that means? All of my beautiful stretch mark friends will be on full display come wedding time. You're welcome :)

Now, some of you may be wondering what my deal is. Do I like these marks, or what? The fact of the matter is...I don't really give a hoot either way. Yes. I've struggled with my weight in the past. Yes. I have battle scars to show for it. So what? I mean, I don't love them but I don't think they make me completely hideous either.

The only thing I am concerned about is that my guests, the ones who aren't so used to my little battle scars, will be totally distracted by them. Silly? Maybe. I dunno. I think it's probable. I find strangers looking at them all the time. I've gotten used to it, but I don't want to feel even the slightest bit self-conscious on my big day.

They've long lost their color and aren't super noticeable but today they look a bit like this:
My shoulder and armpit.

The ones on my chest are a bit more prominent but I don't have the huevos to post a close-up picture of my tatas on the interwebs for every one to see. (HI MOM!) 

So kids, do you have stretch marks too? Any amazing (inexpensive) miracle cream out there to make them vanish forever and ever and ever? 

2 Comments:

Emu said...

I have stretchy marks... but I like to think of them as shimmery little designs.

I have honestly never noticed your stretch marks... that may or may not have to do with the fact that I don't spend my days staring at your tatas... but either way, you're going to be far too pretty to be worried about stretch marks.

Oh, and schools out. So, craft time.

MarieDeezy said...

Yaaaaaay! Craft time!!!