Tuesday, May 17, 2011

You (and the Obamas) are Cordially Invited...

...to a Seal invite teaser session!

Gah! I really want to share our invitations with you right now, but I'd hate to spoil the surprise for our guests. However, since I am asking you all to wait four months for the big reveal...how about a bit of a sneak peek?!

Like Mrs. Lioness and Mrs. Lemon before me, I've decided to invite a couple of VIPs. As these are people who likely have lots of invites to swanky soirees rolling in on a daily basis, I thought it best to send out their invitations a few months early ;) With any luck, I hear you actually get some pretty cool keepsake responses.

First up: The Obamas! 


The Honorable Barack Obama and Mrs. Obama
The White House
Greetings Office, Room 39
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, District of Columbia
20500

It was too early for me to send the invites to our calligrapher to hand address so I just sent these two bad boys through my printer. 

Since Mr. Seal and I are Disney nerds, the second invite hiding under there is to Mickey and Minnie at Disneyland. The poor thing got a little smudged when I ran it through the printer and I can't afford to "waste" another envelope. (Most calligraphers request 10-15% extra envelopes to account for errors, and well, I've only got about 9% extra right now. EEK!) Anyhow, it's readable enough for the postal service, I just couldn't bring myself to post a photo of the tarnished envelope.

However, if you'd like to send one to your favorite mice, here's their address:

Mickey and Minnie Mouse
The Walt Disney Company
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, California 
91521

And just for being the amazing hive that you are, here are a couple more preview pics of our invites!

The back flap of our envelopes (sneakily edited to ward off stalkers).

 Teaser of the actual invite!
[Etiquette police: I know you're not technically supposed to indicate "Black Tie" on the invite...but, well, we did.]

I love how nicely our invitation suite came out and cannot wait to share the rest of it with ya! In the meantime, I'll keep you updated on the status of our VIP's responses.

Are you guys inviting any VIPs?

2 Comments:

Emu said...

Oh lordy, you're going to get autographed congratulations from Mickey and Minnie? Thats... amazing.

Teaching Hathaways said...

I love that you invited Mickey and Minnie!! :) I can't wait to see what you get back!!