Sunday, June 26, 2011

Money-Saving Methods: The Piggy Bank (Reveal)

We have a winner! (And she will be announced at the end of this post to forever live in BEE GLORY!)

In Part I, I introduced you to Mr. Piggy and asked you all to wager some guesses as to how much he was worth. If you recall, Mr. P was housing the savings for our favors (which I promise to reveal soon, kids) and we set a goal of around $600.

Big Brother Seal is a coin aficionado (a hobby passed down from my maternal grandma) and he and FSIL Maria kindly agreed to help me sort out my change one evening.

We started out with this:

I don't know if you can see that fat stack of cash on the left - Big Brother Seal told me putting cash in the piggy was cheating. I said my Piggy doesn't discriminate - money is money!
After inspecting the coins for hidden gems...

...and adding a couple of special finds to Big Brother Seal's collection...

...and filtering out the foreign coins...
(I bet Miss Gazelle and Mrs. Cinnamon Bun could tell you more about this one)

...we ended up with:
Bills
$1 x 62 = $62
$5 x 12 = $60
$10 x 6 = $60
$20 x 5 = $100

Coins
Pennies x 850 = $8.50
Nickels x 360 = $18
Dimes x 400 = $40
Quarters x 240 = $60
Half Dollars x 6 = $3
1 Dollar Coin x 2 = $2

GRAND TOTAL...
Not too bad, eh? Only a couple hundred shy of our total goal and over four months left to save ;)

Thanks to everyone who played along!

The winner, with a guess of $413 is...dinajean! Woohoo! Congrats!

And...if she doesn't claim her prize (of virtual high-fives from yours truly), the booty will go to the lovely Miss Pony with an amazingly close guess of $412.89.

How are your piggy banks doing? Are you close to reaching any of your "mini-goals"?

0 Comments: