Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Shoes it or Lose it: a Mail Order Misstep

As I promised in my first shoe post—I am reporting back to you after now having tried on a couple of contenders.

Yesterday, my favorite UPS man dropped off this box:


Tucked away inside was...
Kate Spade's lovely "Lora" shoes via Zappos

And...
Badgley Mischka's "Dazzler" heels via Zappos

I was beyond excited (finally—some shoe excitement!) to officially begin the hunt for my perfect pair of heels. I first tried on the Kate Spade heels (and couldn't help but think of Miss Candy Apple and her affinity for Kate Spade and pretty bows).

They're pretty, but I was underwhelmed and uncomfortable (and it took like 15 pictures to get a shot that wasn't completely unflattering). I don't normally have width issues and all the reviews I read claimed this shoe fits true to size, yet somehow the shoes felt too small in every way. Sigh. I'll admit it was a bit heartbreaking packaging these back up - I really wanted them to work!
I was not completely discouraged though - I still had that blingy pair of Badgley Mischkas to try out!
 

Meh. 

They were definitely sparkly but, as brother Seal put it, "Too much foot and not enough shoe." I was inclined to agree - they were super uncomfortable anyway. Plus they were a huge pain to buckle up - it took the combined efforts of Mr. Seal and me about ten minutes to put on and another ten to take off!

So, back to the drawing board it is. Hopefully the next time I check in with you on the shoe front I'll come bearing good news (and cute shoes)! I think I might take the search offline next and head to the stores.

How's your shoe hunt fairing?

3 Comments:

Emu said...

If you want company I'm always down for shoe shopping.

Have you thought about boots? Its november after all and a really cute pair of boots might be just as cute, elegant, and possibly more comfortable. Just a thought.

Emu said...

NVM, after 2 minutes of searching for an example of what was in my head I've decided that what I was thinking about doesn't exist. Wedding shoe shopping is hard.

MarieDeezy said...

I'd love company! We'll have to go sometime soon ;) I'm super excited for our craft date too!!!

I think little booties could cute...now you got me thinkin'...