Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Funny Face Files: Pre-Engagement Shoot Jitters

I've unsuccessfully scoured the racks of 12 different stores in an attempt to find the perfect camel-colored cardigan. The search for this elusive tan sweater began a few days ago when I decided I needed a cardigan that perfectly coordinated with a pair of boots I'll be wearing for our upcoming engagement shoot. I am a crazed mess.

How do you people make engagement photos look so effortless?!

Yeah, I'm talking to you, adorable, plaid-wearing couple:


And, you! You thought I didn't see you, disgustingly sweet blonde couple by the lake:

Who taught you how to model like that? Who picked out your clothes? Why am I finding this so difficult? WHO KILLED JFK!? Ahhh.

Anyway.

The nerves stem from the fact that Mr. Masa and I sometimes have a hard time taking nice photos together.

Case in point, the funny face files:

(all personal photos)

Don't get me wrong, our photographer is absolutely fantastic and I have complete faith in him. I also understand that he will catch us making some funny faces—I just hope Mr. Masa and I manage to simultaneously get our pretty face action on long enough for him to capture it!

Worst-case-scenario, we end up with fun(ny) photos like this:

Alright kiddies, wish us luck. Camel cardigan or not, this shoot is happening! I promise for a full recap once our photos come back.

Were you nervous before your engagement shoot? If you haven't had one yet, do you already have ideas as to wear you'll go and what you'll wear?

Xoxo,

4 Comments:

Emu said...

You guys are adorable. The reason you can't take fancy photos together is because there would be too much awesome in the picture if you did. You'll be fine, just don't stick out your duck lips.

In answer to your question, if there ever are engagement photos they'll probably be taken by you and be in someone's back yard. I'm just awesome like that.

Unknown said...

HAHA! I found your blog on wedding bee--and I love this first post that I've read! I'm having the same problem--I have no idea what I'm going to wear! I dont want to look like I'm not myself, but there's a little pressure there to look good. I'm sure your photographer will get some good goofy faced pictures of you guys (seems to be part of your personalities), but if he's as good as you say he is, I'm sure you'll get some beautiful serious ones too!

MarieDeezy said...

@Tracy: thank you! I totally did the duck face...but only once :) I would also totally take your photos for you!

@Malachi: Thanks for stopping by, lady! As anxious as I was--it was a breeze! I'm sure yours will be equally stress-free once you're actually in the moment :) Thank you again and hope to see you around soon!

Carina Conte said...

crap! i never thought about it and now i'm stressin. thaaaaaaaaaaaanks