Thursday, March 3, 2011

Calligraphy, Envelopes and Stamps, Oh My!: It's All in the Details, Part II

Now that the envelopes were beautifully addressed (thanks to that wonderful surprise by my calligrapher), my next task was to stamp! I had previously purchased a return address rubber stamp through a wonderful etsy seller (studioGdesigns) for use on the back of the STD envelopes.


I know that stamping the back of 150 envelopes doesn't exactly qualify as DIY, but we've established that I'm a crafting wannabe so I photographed my endeavor anyhow:




Not too shabby.

I had originally ordered the Katharine Hepburn stamps via the USPS online store, but after I received them, I realized they were too long (vertically) and obscured part of the addressee's name.


I had invested way too much time into the calligraphy even slightly mar them with the stamp, so I exchanged them for the favored, "King and Queen of Hearts" stamps:
 

Exchanging the stamps via snail mail set me back by a few days, but I finished the postage process pretty quickly once I had the right stamps in-hand.



Dropping those bad boys off at the post office was more difficult than I anticipated. After verifying with the post lady for the fifth time that they would be okay, I reluctantly unhanded them. So many decisions went into those little cards. The overall design, the paper, the calligraphy—even the address stamp and postage stamps were all hand-picked. I couldn't help but wonder, should they successfully make it to their respective destinations, if the recipients would take notice of all the details that took me nearly a year to pull together.

Who knows. But whichever the case, I had done all that I could to send off something I was proud of—something that would make the first impression that best represented our wedding.

Do you think your guests will pay attention to all of those little details? Was it difficult for you to let go of your save-the-dates?

With love always,

Miss Seal
(personal photos unless stated otherwise)

0 Comments: