Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Visions of Mimosas, Make-Up and Music: The Wedding-Day Morning

You know what wedding-day thought gets me all antsy and giddy inside!? Other than marrying my Sealman and spending lots of time with all the people I love most in this world, I am uncontrollably excited for the morning of the wedding.

This is about how I think it will go down (I'm interested to see how this vision matches up with the day's actual events but I suppose we'll have to wait quite a few months to make that comparison):

  • I will spend the night in the bridal suite with my bridesmaids and will get an insufficient amount of rest. I never sleep well the night before big important days—first day of school, interviews, presentations...you name it. I can only imagine that this will be exponentially more difficult with the presence of my ladies and our established ability to chat well into the night. 
 Image via the Frisky
  • My alarm will sound and I will curse my existence for not getting more rest the night before. This awakening will be followed by a mild panic attack upon noticing some nasty bags under my eyes. 
 Image via Edvard Munch Gallery/Art by Edvard Munch
  • Said bridesmaids, who will now be joined by other female family members (i.e. Mama Seal, FMIL Seal and my aunties), will assure me that my eyes look beautiful and well-rested. Eager to believe them, all will easily be forgotten and we will enjoy some breakfast and mimosas while awaiting the arrival of our hair and makeup entourage.
 Image via Bay Ridge Talk
  • While listening to a customized playlist for that very morning, our make-up and hair will git did.
  • Via a trusted courier, Mr. S and I will exchange cards and gifts from our respective rooms. This will be a widely photographed occasion of which I will immediately regret once I start blubbering like a baby—Mr. Seal's cards always make me cry.
  • The make-up artist will touch up the mess Mr. Seal's sentimental words made of my face.
  • I will then skip to track 12 on the wedding-day playlist and my sappy tears will morph into "I'm ready to get hitched" excitement! 
Enter Bruno Mars:
  • The florist will arrive with our bouquets and all will simultaneously squeal in floral merriment!
  • Mama Seal will help me get into my wedding gown (which will fit absolutely perfectly).
  • After three more hairspray and perfume showers, the ladies and I will head down to the lobby. When done posing for a few pictures, we'll hop on the cable car to the church where my groom awaits. 
Image via SacBee

If I'm a big nerd for daydreaming about this so often then...color me some super nerdy color.

Am I the only one? Do you ever think about the morning of your wedding and how you'll spend it?


Lots of love and appreciation,

Miss Seal

4 Comments:

Brandi said...

I don't think you'll be the only one with bags under your eyes and wishing you got more sleep!

But really. .it's not about us so it's ok!

I beat Tracy again! HA. Although, her comments are much more awesome than mine. .. i will give her that.

Emu said...

...I formally retract the threats previously made toward Brandi. She gets that I'm awesome, so she can beat me once in a while.

I'm all excited about the night/morning before your wedding now too! As one of my bridesmaid duties I'll be researching treatments for eye baggies... I'm thinking cold compress...and lemons...

Emu said...

I have been informed that bleaching the dark rings out of the under eye area with lemon is a bad idea. I have also been informed that cold damp green tea bags are a good idea. Oh the things you can learn with a google search.

MarieDeezy said...

@Brandi: You are getting quite speedy! Nice work ;)

@Tracy: You are too cute/totally in charge of BES (*baggy eye syndrome). <3