Saturday, March 26, 2011

"No More Wire Hangers!": Hangin' Up the Dress

Alright guys, I have a confession: I have my dress. In fact, I've had my dress for ages and have been holding out on you.

I, however, have absolutely no intention of showing it to you here on the bee until my wedding day re-caps. This is for quite a few reasons. Most importantly, Mr. S reads the blog and no matter how hard he tries to convince me that he'll be a good boy and heed my cute "Stay Out, Mr. Seal!" warnings...I can't risk it. It's not that I don't trust him, it's just that I know I wouldn't be able to resist a monumental temptation like that so I surely shouldn't ask it of him!

Can you forgive me?


Anyhoo, hows about I make it up to you wiiiiith...WEDDING DRESS HANGERS! OK, I know that's definitely not an even exchange, but is definitely the most important hanger I will ever use, riiight? 

So. Hrmm. Well, we have a few options here.

There's the padded hanger:

 
Hanger via WD Trade; Dress photo via Style Me Pretty/Photo by Aaron Delesie

Orrr, the classic wooden hanger?

Hanger via Target; Dress image via Wedding Chicks/Photo by SNS Photography

The plastic hanger! Eek.


 Hanger via Everyday Hangers; Dress photo by Art Vision Studio

And finally, the personalized wire hanger:

Wire hanger via Tim Harman Photo/Courtesy of Lila Frances; Dress photo via Jamie's Precious Peas

I am a sucker for the custom wire hangers, but I couldn't get Mommy Dearest out of my head screaming, "NO MORE WIRE HANGERS!"

 Image via Dos Borreguitas

I opted for a compromise. I found a lovely seller on etsy who makes hybrid wooden-wire hangers and settled on the saying, "happily ever after". Mr. Seal and I are big Disney fans and it well-reflected our affinity for storybook tales.

Take a looksie! I can't wait to hang my dress on this baby. (I can already envision the dress photos!)

Images courtesy of twistedwords

Will you even think twice about your dress hanger or am I a bit crazy for details? What kind will you opt for?

7 Comments:

Emu said...

...its a hanger...

Kayte said...

wow...i never even knew they made custom hangers...very cute i must say~love ya!

MarieDeezy said...

@Tracy: BUT IT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT HANGER YOU WILL EVER USE!!!!*@&#(_+_!@@^%&!

@Kayte: Thank you, thank you! I dig it :)

Emu said...

...I'll never use it... its the most important hanger YOU'LL ever use. So, okay that makes it special.

Carina Conte said...

... Only you and your OCD would contemplate which hanger to use. That's why I love you. :)

Unknown said...

Call me crazy, but I've also thought about this. I made my own hybrid wire/wood hanger, and one for my bridesmaids. I figure it's one more cute detail to get pictures of:)

MarieDeezy said...

@Tracy: That's what I meeeant.

@Carina: I told you...I'm kookoo.

@Malachi: Yaaay! SO happy to hear I'm not alone. I totally agree...it will make for such a cute photo-op (and I can't wait to see the ones you've made...I bet they're adorable!)